Today I would like to share with you the basics in baking. These things base from my experience are generally not given utmost attention but play a very important role in achieving a nice cake that you can be proud of, and give you a sort of a success feeling. So below are the tips to guide you on how to bake seamlessly.
- Tip #1- all ingredients should be at room temperature. Let say you just take the egg out of the fridge then you can put it in a bowl add room temperature water and leave it for 5-10 minutes and that’s it. For butter, cut it in a pieces then place it in a microwave in a 5-second increment. Make sure it is not melting.
- Tip #2 – you always need to have an exact measurement. Have a measuring cup specifically for dry ingredients. A measuring spoons and a measuring cup for liquids.
- Tip#3 – In filling the pan with batter fill it halfway. Do not fill it all the way to the top as cake rise so make sure that you leave enough space.
- Tip #4 use heating core or flower nail. These tools help bring the heat to the center of the cake. Baking strips also help cool the edges of the cake so that the center can be bake evenly. Always use any of the following in getting your pan ready before filling in the batter: baking spray, cake release, shortening and flour and parchment collar.
- Tip #5 – Oven should be turned on right away from the time you started mixing the ingredients for pre-heating purposes. Never open the oven while baking.