I've always loved baking, be it cookies, cakes or bread.. so every time i see new recipes, i try to make them, like over and over until i get the right mix.. yung patok sa family. Recently, may trending na pandesal that intrigued me, and that's the Ube Pandesal with Cheese. This bread has simple ingridients, just like our regular pandesal, but kind of tricky to do. Tricky kasi there are many ube variations you can use, thre's ube jam, halayang ube, ube powder or the mashed ube na unsweetened. So dito palang, you have to adjust the water and sugar content of the bread you are making. In this recipe, i used ube powder. At first i thought it was the ube powder that turns into mashed ube, so i placed more water than i should. hindi naman nasayang ang mix, nag add nga lang ako ng almost another cup of flour and the result was fine naman. So common, let's try baking this super soft yummy bread!
So here is the recipe of the ube pandesal.
- Combine ube powder and hot water until the powder is completely rehydrated
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Mix well. Add in milk, oil and egg, mix well. Then add the yeast and mix again.
- Pour in the rehydrated ube mixture and mix untill well combined. you can use a mixer for this because the dough will be very sticky. If you will be kneading by hand, make sure to grease i hands well.
- Tip dough on a flat, lightly floured surface and knead for 7-10 minutes, until the dough is soft and smooth.
- Form dough into a ball and lightly coat it with oil.
- Place dough in well oiled bowl and cover it with plastic wrap or tea towel. Place bowl in a warm place and let dough rise for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough and divide it into 2 equal parts. Form 1 part into ball, 50-60 grams each or depending on how big or small you like it.
- Flatten a ball and place a cube of cheese in the middle. Seal edges and roll in bread crumbs coating all sides.
- Arrange dough on a baking sheet at least 1 inch apart, let the dough rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350*F or 180*C for 15 minutes
Serve it while it’s still hot. This bread will stay soft up to the 4th day,