Get to know Momoland
Momoland is a Korean girl group that was debuted on November 10, 2016 with their mini-album “Welcome to Momoland” with the title track “Jjang! Koong! Kwang”. They were created by MLD Entertainment formerly known as Double “Kick Entertainment” through a reality show “Finding Momoland” that was aired in the same year. Hyebin, Yeonwoo, Jane, Nayun, Ahin, Jooe, and Nancy were the winners out of ten contestants. In 2017 MLD added Daisy and Taeha to the group.
2018 was their lucky year when they released their album “Great!” with the single “Boom Boom” that became super hit in different countries such as the Philippines. “Boom boom” is a very addicting song that you couldn’t stop dancing when you hear it. This song was written by “Shinsadong Tiger“ and “Beom X Nang“.
“Boom Boom” was peaked at number two on the Gaon Digital Chart nearly two months after released. The song was nominated for first place on the music show Inkgayo for 12 weeks straight. And just recently the music video gained 450 million views on Youtube with 100 million streams. Momoland was the first girl group who got a Platinum certification from Gaon Music Chart. They also received an award in the 2018 MBC Plus X Genie Music Awards for Best Dance Performance.
But sadly Yeonwoo, Daisy, and Taeha leave the group. Though Yeonwoo leaves the group she is still under MLD Entertainment management but this time as an actress. While Taeha recently launched her Youtube channel.
On September 4, 2019, Momoland signed with King Records. The group released their first Japanese studio album, “Chiri Chiri“, and “Pinky love“.
And the next month MLD Entertainment and Momoland group were also signed a co-management agreement with the Philippine media company “ABS-CBN Corporation” and announced that Nancy was going to play the lead role in the upcoming Philippine drama titled “Soulmate” partnered with the Filipino actor “James Reid”.
They released a song “Starry Night”, a non-promoted song created especially for their fans. The girls said they wrote this song as a gift to all their fans who are still supporting them through ups and downs.
Check video below:
Below are lists of albums and songs of Momoland:
Welcome to Momoland Album
- Jjang Koong Kwang
- Love sick
- Welcome to momoland
- I Like It
- What Planet Are You From?
- Wonderful Love (EDM Ver.)
- Same Same
- Boom Boom
Fun to the world
- Very Very
- Only one you
- I’m so hot
- Falling you
- Light Up
- What you want
Banana Chaha with Pororo
- Banan chacha
- Banana Chacha (instrumental)
- Pinky Love
- Chiri Chiri
- Boom Boom (Japanese version)
Here are the Lists of some of MOMOLAND achievements:
- Debuted at number 8 on Billboard Japan’s Top Singles Sales with 13,665 estimated sales.
- Peaked #1 Myx International Top 20
- 10,000+ Total Sales in JAPAN ONLY
- Receive A LOT of Bonsang Awards and NOMINATED in A LOT of Daesang Categories.
- Mnet Asian Music Awards Discovery of The Year
- Bboom Bboom” debuted and peaked at No. 4 on the Oricon Singles Chart in its first week.
- The song placed at number 62 at Billboard Japan Hot 100 Year End chart, placing at number 76 in Top Streaming Songs
- Best Icon Music – Asia Artist Award
- Dance Track Female – MBC Plus Genie X Award
- 1theK performance Award – Melon Music Award
- Discovery Of the Year – Mnet Asian Music Award
- Bonsang Award – Soribada best K – music awards
- Bonsang – Korea Popular Music Awards
- Idol of the Year – Korea cable TV awards (Daesang)
- Rookie Of the Year – MTN broadcast Awards
- Top 3 Girl Group ( Digital Charts – Melon Year End