Pangasinan is one of the province in the north of Luzon. It’s one of the places that you would like to visit not only because of its beautiful scenery, lovely beaches, religious trademarks, pleasant people but also their authentic food dishes.
Here are some popular places you can visit:
- Hundred Islands in Alaminos, Pangasinan. This is one of the most sought destination when you are there in Pangasinan. These are small islands and islets scattered in Lingayen Gulf. Many tourist and even locals cannot forget the experience they have when they visit this place. For those who loved outdoors, this is very well recommended . In reality, most of us loved outdoors!
- Bolinao Falls in Bolinao, Pangasinan. Although there are three(3) Bolinao Falls in that area, one should not miss this place when you drive all the way to the coast of Pangasinan. The refreshing sight of falling waters over your head makes this an exciting place to be. Of course, we should not discount the experience of what this nature provides.
- Minor Basilica of our Lady of the Rosary of Manaoag in Manaoag, Pangasinan. Built in 1600’s, this church is most popular among locals and foreign tourists. Most devoted Catholics visits this popular pilgrimage site especially during the Holy Week. Furthermore, Pope Francis granted Our Lady of Manaoag Church as a Minor Basilica in 2015.
Here are some of the best food or delicacies that is so authentic when visiting Pangasinan:
- Bangus. Pangasinan is often called the “bangus capital” of the Philippines. Boneless bangus is what Pangasinan is well known for. There are different varieties of cooking bangus, but the most popular way of cooking it is by grilling over hot charcoal known as”inihaw na bangus” in Tagalog. You can combine this with the delicious “ensalada” or salad topped with green mangoes, grilled eggplant & tomatoes coupled with bagoong.
- Puto Calasiao. These are small steam rice cakes that is worth a try, chiefly because of its taste. You can actually eat half a kilo of it in one sitting, now you can imagine how palatable this is. These delicacies also come in different variants.
- Tupig. These are rice cakes with young coconut meat that is broiled under hot charcoals wrapped in banana leaves. You can best buy these just outside Villasis Public Market & Bagsakan Center.
Next time you visit the north of Luzon, don’t forget to drop by a day or two to visit this wonderful province of Pangasinan. Not only do they have beaches that helps you relax & enjoy, but also their food are excellent and you can get them at a very affordable price.
Put this one in your bucket list of vacation. Enjoy!